"It seems the enemy... it's not what we believed."
Tonight joining David Negrin are Alka Khushalani and Kristina-Leath Malin for a story analysis of THE BEGUILED. Directed and Written for the Screen by Sofia Coppola, based on the 1971 screenplay by Albert Maltz & Irene Kamp (as Grimes Grice) and based on the novel by Thomas Cullinan. Winner of Best Director, 2017 Cannes Film Festival. to beguile - to charm or enchant someone, sometimes in a deceptive way.
- SHOW NOTES
- Check out Kristina-Leath Malin on her podcast MY FINAL GIRL Ep. 3 : "American Gothic Horror - Beloved versus Frailty”
- Check out the very insightful NYT "Still Processing" Podcast episode that reviews The Beguiled and this production pic from the film that speaks louder than words.
On THE SCRIPT Podcast we analyze the latest popular and controversial scripts, films, and original TV series from a screenwriter’s perspective. THE SCRIPT features working screenwriters analyzing story at the highest level anywhere on the internet.
- If you enjoy The Script Podcast please Post A 5 Star Rating on iTunes.
- Support The Script by crowdfunding us on The Script PATREON
- Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, fan mail, complaints, questions, wedding proposals can be sent to ScriptFeed@gmail.com
David Negrin & The Producers of The Script Podcast
#TheBeguiled #SofiaCoppola #SouthernGothic #ColinFarrell #NicoleKidman #KirstenDunst #ElleFanning